Monday, January 21, 2013

Fabulous Trash Can!















I was cleaning my bathroom in my new house (Colorado, so fun!), dreaming of the ugly yellow paint painted over and the new fabulous decor.  I wanted to get started on the bathroom right away; it was sort of planned out in my head.  The colors are going to be peach, brown, and steel blue (Not sure on the blue.  Does it look good with the other colors?  What do you think, should I keep it or leave it?).  I didn't have the paint yet, so there goes painting.  I was looking around and my eyes landed  on the trash can.  It was hideous.  I had to give it some cute factor.  I clicked into Pinterest (my lovely Pinterest) and started looking around.  Nothing seemed perfect, but one was close.  I used a trash can with patterns all over as my inspiration.  I thought maybe instead of totally covering the trash can paint it a different color and put pictures on it!  I liked the idea, so I put it into action.  It's normal to put pictures on trash cans, there's no problem to it.

Supplies:

Colored Spray Paint

Modpodge

Ugly trash can

Large rock

Pictures

Directions:

1.  Get you ugly trash can and spray paint and bring it outside.

2.  Place the trash can on an overturned rock. (It needs to be overturned so the top of the rock can still be untouched and natural.)

3.  Spray paint your trash can until completely covered.  (You can spray paint the inside, but I didn't.)

4.  Wait until your trash can is dry. (Once the trash can is semi dry I'd recommend taking it into your mudroom or a place like that.  I suggest this, because a gust of wind may flip your trash can on its side getting it dirty and messing up the paint.)

5.  When dry, get some pictures off your computer that you like and print them the way they are originally, or use a photo editing site to tint it to the colors of your bathroom. (The pictures you print shouldn't be glossy.  They just need to be printed on regular white paper.) I chose to tint my pictures using Picmonkey.  Since I used Picmonkey that's the only editing website I can help you use.  To tint your picture on Picmonkey, a free photo editing site, upload it into the editing site.  Next, go to effects.  Once in effects scroll down until you see Tint, click on it and change it to the color you want.

6.  Now modpodge your pictures on your trash can in any way you like.

7.  Let modpodge dry.

8.  You have just awesomed up your trash can!


If you don't like the idea of putting pictures on a TRASH can, I totally understand; that's why you can also use patterned paper for a substitute like my inspiration trash can.

Confused?  Just post a comment!  I will answer right away!

Have a suggestion to make this fun project even better? Just tell me by posting a comment!

No comments:

Post a Comment