Saturday, February 16, 2013

Jewelry Board


Do you have way to much jewelry and no were to put it? I used to be like that.  I found a way to fix this.  The story goes like so.  You see I was just making my way through stuff on Pinterest Liking and Repinning things here and there when I came across this totally awesome idea!  It was one of those cork boards with thumb tacks in them, but guess what it had jewelry hanging off of it!  I was in desperate need of some way to clean stuff up and make them look nicer at the time and I was excited to find this.  I could finally clean up a box full of tangled jewelry.  I went straight to work.  When I got my board out from a closet (Luckily I had been saving this board for a special occasion, because I had gotten a new board that was zebra earlier.) I started thinking this wouldn't look awesomely, amazing just sitting there on the wall.  I mean it was just a plain brown!  I decided I'd put my favorite things on the board to spice it up; of these things were deer, Harry Potter, my family, dogs, owls, and a few more.  When I was finally happy with my work I started to put my pins in the places I needed them.  I then started untangling my jewelry and placed them on the thumb tacks.  It was totally painless.  This is probably why I like it so much.  If you don't have very much wall space I wouldn't do this project.


Jewelry Board:

Supplies:

Cork board
Paper
Decorating supplies EX. Markers, glitter, etc.
Thumb tacks
Jewelry
Wall
A human body (Yeah, I know I'm going overboard with the supplies...)
Earth to walk on (Yeah, I'm listing EVERYTHING)
Air, so you can breathe.

Directions:

1. Get a cork board.
2. Draw your favorite things on about 10 pieces of paper.  EX.  Deer, owls, etc.
3. Place these things on your cork board using thumb tacks.
4. Hang your cork board on the wall vertically.
5. Now take your jewelry and hang them off the thumb tacks.
6. Now you see how totally painless this is!

Now I have somewhere to put my jewelry and it makes me really happy!  Did you have the same problem as me; you just couldn't get all your jewelry in one jewelry box?  Well, if you did your problems have now been fixed!  

Did you get confused along the way?  Please tell me in the Comments!  Did you absolutely love it?  Tell me in the Comments!

Have I told you about my other blogs?  Well I have two others: mostlyfantasybookwriter.blogspot.com and mydivapets.blogspot.com.  The writing blog, the first one, has excerpts every now and then from my latest story The First Wizard.  Does the book title strike your interest?  If so, go ahead and check it out!  If you've read some of the excerpts and you want the whole book all you have to do is enter the book cover contest!  For more information check out the blog!  For my dog training blog, the second one, it's all about training your dog.  Have fun!

2 comments:

  1. Do you ever post stuff on The Crafty me anymore?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I do, but I just get busy. Sadly my blogs are not the first thing on my busy to do list... Don't be afraid to work on this blog too if you want to!

      Delete